Retire in Greece and enjoy significant tax benefits on your global income through the special tax regime for Foreign Pensioners. Get in touch with us to transfer your tax residence to Greece and secure an attractive tax regime for your twilight years.
Who qualifies as a Foreign Pensioner
To qualify for tax incentives as a Foreign Pensioner, you must:
- Receive a pension from a country outside Greece.
- Be a non-Greek tax resident for the 5 out of the last 6 years.
- Be a tax resident of a country which has an administrative cooperation agreement with Greece.
Certain conditions may apply.
How you benefit as a Foreign Pensioner
Transfer your tax residence to Greece and benefit from the new special tax regime for Foreign Pensioners:
- Flat tax of 7% on your global income earned outside Greece, including your pension.
- Exemption from the special solidarity contribution in Greece.
- Full implementation of double taxation treaties between Greece and other countries, where applicable.
- Foreign tax credit.
- Tax residence certificate qualification.
The special tax regime for foreign pensioners lasts for a maximum of 15 years. It may be terminated at any time if:
- You do not pay you tax obligations.
- You decide to withdraw.
Discover why you should choose Greece as a Foreign Pensioner.
How we help you
We have launched a series of services and bespoke solutions to help our Foreign Pensioners from across the globe meet their banking needs in Greece.
One-stop hub for all your needs
To further facilitate our International Customers, we have brought together both banking and third-party services. This way you can meet all your needs at a single service point.
As a one-stop hub, we provide you with:
- Custom banking and insurance products and services.
- Third-party consulting services for tax and public administration issues.
- Third-party end-to-end real estate management services.
- Instant access to in-depth economic insights.
Find out what our one-stop hub has to offer to you.
Customer services beyond borders
To overcome borders, distances and travel restrictions, we provide you with solutions that make banking more accessible:
- Digital customer onboarding – Open an account with us online from your mobile, provided you live and work in, and have an ID or passport issued by a country participating in PRADO.
- Remote account opening – Open an account with us remotely and manage your banking needs without having to travel to Greece.
- Video-banking service through v-Banking – Meet your dedicated International Relationship Manager online, wherever you are.
Get in touch
Fill in our contact form to find out more about the products and services we offer to Non-Greek Pensioners.