Our energy aims
The Eurobank Energy Management Policy aims at rationalising our energy use through specific actions:
- Buying energy at competitive rates. We use it as efficiently as possible. We try to reduce our energy consumption.
- Limiting our reliance on fossil fuels, which are being depleted. Instead we use alternative and renewable energy sources.
- Minimising emissions (CO2) and pollutants that are harmful to the environment. We try to limit our impact on the environment as much as possible.
- Investing in energy-efficient facilities and projects with short depreciation periods. We design, renovate and equip them based on their carbon footprint.
- Complying with the legislation in force and the requirements that regulate energy use and energy performance.
Certified Energy Management System
To meet our energy goals, we have established and implement an Energy Management System certified to ISO 50001 and ISO 14064. This way we ensure that our Energy Management Policy is being properly applied and our energy performance continues to improve.
We set specific energy targets and monitor our energy performance. Each year, we publish these results in our Environmental Report and Annual Business and Sustainability Report.
In 2022 we achieved:
- 7.38% reduction in total energy consumption. In all, since 2014 we have achieved a 42.43% reduction in energy consumption.
- 11.14% reduction in total GHG emissions, while also certifying the reduction according to ISO 14064 through an independent certification agency.
Find out what the Eurobank Energy Management System stipulates, the scientific methodology it implements and the awards we have received for its efficiency.
Raising employee awareness
We raise awareness among our people on energy issues. We keep them informed on the everyday habits they can pick up to shrink their energy footprint.
Find out what we have accomplished in relation to the environmental awareness of our people.