Labelled eco-friendly products
We choose environmentally friendly products in the day-to-day operations of Eurobank every chance we get. Our product specifications provide for environmental labelling, such as the Energy Star, FSC, PEFC, Ecolabel, etc., where applicable.
In this context, we use specific tools:
- Environmental specifications for the essential goods we purchase. We establish criteria, so our procurement managers can evaluate and select green products.
- Evaluation method for green procurement. We use evaluation schedules to compare the technical specifications of our suppliers and their products.
We strive to share the same environmental attitude with our network of suppliers. To this end we evaluate the suppliers we choose based on environmental criteria:
- We review their environmental policy and the environmental system they implement.
- We ensure that the products and services they offer are environmentally friendly.
- We take into account whether and how they incorporate ESG criteria in their operation, i.e. factors affecting the environment, social responsibility and governance.
We were honoured for our choice of suppliers at the BRAVO Sustainability Dialogue & Awards 2021, for the initiative “Suppliers Evaluation for the Bank and the Eurobank Group”.
We pass our environmental awareness on to our customers and employees. Find out how we raise awareness among our people on environmental issues.