Greenhouse Gas Protocol
For effective energy management, we have been implementing the international Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHGP) since 2008. This tool helps us:
- Calculate and record the energy we use. Monitor the energy-use indicators.
- Identify where the energy is used. Calculate our direct and indirect GHG emissions, depending on their origin:
- Oil and natural gas combustion for heating produces direct Scope 1 GHG emissions.
- Energy use produces indirect Scope 2 GHG emissions.
- Business trips produce indirect Scope 3 GHG emissions.
This information helps us make the right decisions to limit the energy we use and minimise GHG emissions.
Certified Energy Management System
The Energy Management System we have been implementing since 2015 is certified to ISO 50001. Thanks to this system, in 2015 we managed to reduce our GHG emissions by 15% compared to 2014.
Find out what we have accomplished with the Eurobank Energy Management System.
Awards in GHG emission reduction
Our efforts to reduce our GHG emissions have been recognised. In the Environmental Awards Eurobank received:
- The Gold Award (2016) for reducing its GHG emissions.
- The Climate Protection – GHG Footprinting Award (2013) for monitoring its GHG emissions.