As part of our ESG strategy, we are committed to improving existing and introducing new sustainable product offerings. This way we aim to support our clients’ transition to sustainable practices and business models.
The CEO of Eurobank, Mr Fokion Karavias, stated, “Eurobank’s cooperation with IPTO for the exclusive financing of the project for Crete – Attica electrical interconnection underlines the Bank’s commitment and capacity to be present in each and every landmark project in the country.
This is a major project for the Greek economy and for sustainable development. Besides its large and direct benefits, it fully integrates in the green transition strategy that will highlight and allow full use of the island’s rich potential in renewable energy resources. Under current circumstances it also has geopolitical significance.”
Our sustainable financing performance
Sustainable financing and investments for corporate clients
Having a leading role in the largest, most prominent projects in the Greek economy, we finance robust business plans, growth strategies, investment programmes and export activities in strategic sectors.
We coordinate and raise capital for a series of landmark initiatives:
- Hellinikon project – A flagship project of major significance for the Greek economy.
- Electrical interconnection between Crete and Attica – A flagship energy transition project for Greece, putting into practice a vision of decades. Eurobank signed a loan agreement up to €400 million, out of the total budget of €1 billion.
- Renewable Energy Sources (RES) – Sustainable projects totalling €0.7 billion.
- Cosme programme – Finance to SMEs in all the eligible sectors to the amount of €609 million.
- New EIB programme to support female entrepreneurship.
- COVID support measures.
Find out more about our investments in landmark projects.
Sustainable financing for individuals and businesses
We are currently offering several consumer and small business financing solutions that are compliant with the EU Taxonomy Regulation:
- Electric car loan – Enjoy more favourable loan terms when buying an electric vehicle. Special arrangements when buying a TESLA car.
- Energy Saving and Autonomy – Up to €50,000 per home, to improve the building’s energy efficiency through solar panels, home automation systems and electric car charging points.
- Bridge Financing for Energy Saving and Autonomy – Credit facilities for constructors undertaking energy improvement projects that fall under the Energy Saving and Autonomy programme launched by the Greek Ministry for the Environment and Energy.
- Financing for solar panels – Small business loan, financing up to 70% of total installation cost for new solar (photovoltaic) parks with a minimum installed PV capacity of 10kWp.
- Leasing for solar panels – Financing the photovoltaic equipment to be installed on land owned by the business.
Committed to support entrepreneurship and innovation we provide financing solutions with a social impact:
- Startup ecosystem –Working capital and equipment loans for startups participating in the egg – enter•grow•go incubator.
- EaSI AFI – Micro-financing for small-business owners that have no access to banking loans, especially unemployed and vulnerable social groups.
Asset and wealth management with ESG criteria
In 2018 we launched the (LF) Fund of Funds – ESG Focus, a mutual fund that invests in shares and bonds factoring in the ESG criteria.