Through egg – enter•grow•go we help startups and young businesses across the globe along their business steps. We have designed this Eurobank Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative in partnership with Corallia, the first organisation in Greece for the structured and systematic development of clusters. We are assisted by leading companies and organisations from the Greek and international business community.
We support innovative entrepreneurship
We offer startups and young businesses opportunities for suitable financing, mentoring, commercial operations, networking and exporting activities, through 2 egg – enter•grow•go platforms:
- Start Up: For young businesses needing support in their early steps. It helps them grow faster and launch their product or services to the market (incubation).
- Scale Up: For more mature startups, that wish to increase their sales in the next round of funding, by accelerating their product development. The Scale Up platform is the advanced business accelerator of egg – enter•grow•go (acceleration).
Participants must be Greek, EU or third-country citizens who have the right to live in Greece and are eligible to participate in the initiative. The selected startups:
- Develop their business plan (incubation).
- Accelerate their growth.
- Find strategic partners for their project (co-working).
- Attract funding for their growth in the future.
We offer them essential and regular support in their business venture. We provide a business environment that favours the development of their business plans:
- Access to financing so they may secure the necessary capital. Our business advisors help the startups choose a suitable programme to finance their business idea. We offer two major types of loans to the egg – enter•grow•go startups: working capital loans, which are short-term and help improve liquidity, and long-term loans, such as loans for property or equipment financing.
- Facilities of the highest standards to house their business needs. The areas are fully equipped and have been set up accordingly to assist in exchanging ideas, networking and cooperating.
- Mentoring by distinguished economists and scientists to help them develop their ideas. The mentors provide guidance, offer solutions and inspire the startups. They help them transform their business plans into an integrated and marketable product or service.
- Hands-on business training so they may develop their business skills. Through hands-on training, lectures, workshops and participation in educational programmes, we educate young entrepreneurs on special business topics, such as corporate communications, public relations, strategic marketing and intellectual property management.
- B2B and B2C networking opportunities to boost the financial viability of their business. The startups come into contact with new or seasoned entrepreneurs from the Greek and international business arena, but also potential customers or strategic partners (B2B match-making).
The CSR initiative egg – enter•grow•go has been selected by the General Secretariat for Research and Innovation (CSRI) of Greece to develop and support the first Greek Innovation Cluster.
The creation of the innovation cluster focuses on the key topic of digital applications and technologies for Tourism and Culture. Its goal is to:
- Attract funding for the development of innovative solutions.
- Create collaborations.
- Enable economies of scale and scope for the Greek value chain, for entrepreneurship and for innovation.
The innovation cluster’s development goal is to modernise Greece’s tourism and cultural product by making use of the country’s competitive advantage. To achieve this, the cluster uses technologies and applications that provide a new experiential dimension to their users.
The Advisory Board that supervises egg – enter•grow•go consists of distinguished scientists, entrepreneurs and business experts.
What we have accomplished so far
The egg – enter•grow•go initiative began in May 2013. To date, we have helped entrepreneurs from Greece and abroad:
- 1200 entrepreneurs have created 350 startups.
- 200 startups have become businesses.
- 49 businesses have received financing from Eurobank with favourable terms (over €3.2m in total).
- 67 businesses drew equity funding (over €45.8m in total).
- 101 businesses earned over €12.25m in total.
- 55 companies have filed patents and inventions.
- 77 businesses travelled abroad with the egg export programme.
- 130 synergies were built among the egg alumni.
Leading Greek and international companies and organisations either sponsor or support egg – enter•grow•go. They offer crucial services and facilities to business teams free of charge.
We work extensively with them to create integrated, productive and innovative ecosystems. We choose the ones that offer a competitive advantage, giving priority to Tourism, Culture, Health Sciences, FinTech (financial technology) and new technologies.
We build on our values
Through the egg – enter•grow•go initiative we help startups and young businesses put their business plans into action. We believe that:
- “When we support talented young people, we help them change the image of Greece for all of us.”
- “We trust the innovation generation and we support their efforts and ideas. They are the best guarantee for the future of the country.”
- “Anything creative and innovative that Greece has to show today contributes to our national effort to restore the economy.”
Entrepreneurship forms the core of the Eurobank CSR initiatives. We stand by startups and young businesses of Greece, that keep surprising us with their innovative business ideas.
We boost innovative entrepreneurship in Greece.
We carry on strong
egg – enter•grow•go is continuing for the 12th year with startups that wish to transform their innovative ideas into robust businesses.
We host them all in the ultra-modern egg – enter•grow•go building, located at 75 Thessalonikis & Florinis Str., Moschato, Greece.
If you want to transform your startup into a robust business, find out all about egg – enter•grow•go.