Scholarships for gifted students
Through our sponsorship, we help CTY Greece award scholarships to gifted and talented primary and high-school students from Greece and Cyprus so they can attend the summer programmes in Athens and Thessaloniki.
CTY Greece awards the scholarships to students based on their academic skills and their grades in the exams it holds.
We want to give the chance to as many as we can, and offer the opportunity to financially weaker students cultivate their natural talents and aptitudes.
What CTY Greece has accomplished so far
From 2013 to 2023:
- More than 7,500 primary, junior and senior high-school students have attended the classes and programme of CTY Greece (day, weekend, online and summer classes).
- More than 1,600 children have been awarded scholarships for summer programmes, over 52% of those who have participated, in all the years the programme has been running.
- More than 2,678 primary and high-school teachers from 200 schools across Greece and Cyprus have participated in training workshops.
CTY Greece was established in 2013 as a result of the partnership between Anatolia College and the internationally recognised Johns Hopkins University, with a founding donation by Stavros Niarchos Foundation. It offers special educational programmes to students who stand out for their talents and skills. It operates under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Education and Culture of Cyprus.
Every year more than 30,000 talented students attend the CTY programmes internationally.
Mark Zuckenberg, co-founder of Facebook is among the alumni, as well as Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google, scientists, researchers, roboticists, artists etc.
The educational programmes
CTY Greece offers interactive educational programmes – summer, weekend and online – for students of different age groups who have passed the exams it holds.
Specifically, the 4 summer programmes give students from 7th to 11th grade the chance to participate in high-level courses, with students of their age who have the same competences and share the same love for knowledge.
All available courses cover a wide range of scientific fields.
The courses for high-school students are taught in English.
Find out more about the programmes and scholarships at CTY Greece.
We build on our values
Our core value is to invest in the talents and innate aptitudes of young people and stand by those who have the ability to change the world. We believe that:
- “Supporting Education as a value, with consistency and long-term commitment, reflects the values of the institution we serve.”
- “The best must be distinguished and rewarded; they are the ones who set goals and choose the arduous path to conquer them.”
- “Education, and especially the level and effectiveness of the educational process, must be a major national target through the ages and our single most significant national investment for the future.”
We actively support excellence and encourage the next generation of Greeks to pursue knowledge and education. Through our Corporate Social Responsibility actions, we build relationships of trust with the Greek society.
We carry on strong
As a Major Sponsor, we support the efforts of CTY Greece, which offers scholarships to students to attend summer programmes.