We have placed paper recycling bins in all the Eurobank and New ΤΤ Network branches and all the Eurobank offices throughout Greece.
- We collect paper to be recycled in the bins.
- We recycle the paper through licensed recycling contractors approved by the Greek Ministry of Environment & Energy or through the municipal recycling system.
To date we have recycled more than 3,100 tonnes of paper.
Eurobank received the Silver Award at the Environmental Awards 2016 Produced Waste Prevention category for its efforts to save paper.
Electrical and electronic equipment
We collect any electrical and electronic equipment we no longer use in central warehouses for sorting:
- We donate functioning electrical and electronic equipment to foundations and other bodies.
- We recycle any equipment no longer functioning in partnership with Appliances Recycling SA, a company approved by the Hellenic Recycling Agency.
To date we have given away more than:
- 64,000 pieces of electrical and electronic equipment for recycling.
- 12,000 pieces of electronic equipment for donations.
In all the Eurobank offices and branches, we collect all empty ink cartridges. We give them to companies offering managed print services. They then forward them to companies approved by the Greek Ministry of Environment & Energy for recycling.
To date we have recycled more than 55,000 ink cartridges.
We recycle light bulbs through technical service companies. These companies collect and forward used light bulbs to licensed recycling companies.
There are light bulb collection points in the Eurobank administration buildings. Fotokiklosi SA is a company that collects and recycles light bulbs.
To date we have recycled more than 84,000 light bulbs.
We recycle the batteries (accumulators) we use in our equipment. We give them to technical service companies and they in turn forward them to licensed recycling companies.
We also collect (portable) batteries in the AFIS bins located in Eurobank buildings. AFIS then collects these batteries for recycling.
To date we have recycled more than 42,000 batteries.
Credit and debit cards
We send all cancelled or expired credit and debit cards to the relevant Eurobank department. We destroy them and forward them for recycling through licensed companies.
To date we have recycled more than:
- 281,000 plastic cards
- 182 kg of destroyed cards