Alternative and digital channels
In the effort to reduce flows to spaces of interaction, we inform you that you can use our alternative and digital channels to carry out your transactions unimpeded, without having to go to our branches.
More specifically, you can carry out your daily transactions easily and securely, 24/7:
- With e-Banking or the Eurobank Mobile App. You can get your e-Banking credentials online.
- At the Eurobank ATM network, covering even the most remote areas across Greece.
We urge you to opt for contactless payments with your Eurobank credit and debit cards to limit handling of cash. Contactless payments allow you to pay without handing your card over to someone else.
Following the announcement by the Hellenic Bank Association (in Greek only), the contactless payments limit is raised to €50. This measure is in force until 31 December 2020.
You can also use your mobile to carry out contactless transactions at POS terminals with Eurobank Wallet, without your physical card. Eurobank Wallet works with Eurobank Mastercard debit and credit cards on Android 5+, NFC-enabled devices.
To activate Eurobank Wallet, update or download the Eurobank Mobile App:
Card control online
This way, card by card, you can:
- Freeze/unfreeze your card temporarily if you cannot find it.
- Switch on/off your card if you want to use for cash withdrawal, either from your account or your credit limit.
- Switch on/off your card if you want to use it to shop in-store or online, in Greece or abroad.
- Change the cash withdrawal limit of your cards.
If your card is new or has been reissued, you can use the Cards Control service to activate your card and PIN from you mobile.
Specialised staff helping you by phone
Ready to help you by phone are:
- Our Personal Banking specialised staff.
- Our Business Banking specialised staff.
- Staff at our Private Banking Centres.
Our v-Banking staff are also available to businesses with access to the service, helping you via video call, wherever you are.
The staff at our branches are always available to offer you the best service.
For everyone’s safety, we inform you that we have applied a system of controlled customer access to our branches. This means:
- Only one customer may enter once the door opens.
- You should follow the safety instructions we give you once you are in our branch.
- We make sure a safe distance is always kept from one another and serve you in order of priority with a sense of duty and responsibility.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our customers and branch staff. To this end, we have also taken the following actions:
- Detailed information and application of the guidelines that the Hellenic National Public Health Organisation has issued (in Greek only) on precautions and personal hygiene, as well as collaboration with infectious disease specialists to get reliable scientific responses on preventing and combatting the virus.
- Specific guidelines for staff who show symptoms of the virus; who suspect they have been infected; who have recently returned from regions where there is a documented, ongoing spread of Covid-19; or, who belong to vulnerable groups.
- Emphasis on sterilising our workplaces with strong disinfectants daily and distributing liquid antiseptics in all Eurobank premises and branches.
- Bans on business travel abroad and opting instead for teleconferencing and videoconferencing; strong recommendation against personal travel abroad.
- Prohibition of large meetings and opting instead, where possible, for teleconferencing or videoconferencing.
- Option to work from home (teleworking).
We act in your best interest
At Eurobank, our top priority remains you and your safe customer service.
To this end, we already have prepared an action plan to ensure the smooth operation of Eurobank. We have identified and planned the arrangements that keep us increasingly alert and minimise the potential negative impact of the virus spread.
In addition, to protect public health and reduce the risks involved in mass distribution of correspondence, we inform you that we have postponed mailing out paper copies of account statements for quarter 1, 2020.
We continue to get the latest updates on the issue, so that we can remain alert to any additional measures it might be necessary to take.