Giving back to society and supporting those in need is at the core of our operations. We consistently support vulnerable social groups, NGOs, local communities and government agencies, aiming to make a difference in the lives of people. In 2020 alone, we spent over €4.5 million in CSR activities.
Donations to children’s NGOs
Every year we support children through dozens of donations to NGOs. We choose organisations that help children who are facing adversities.
These include abandoned babies and orphans, as well as children with mental and physical disabilities, or other serious health problems, such as childhood cancer.
Recently we chose to support young people who are facing stressful situations, problems and dilemmas, before school exams or during adolescence.
Through the 11525 helpline of the NGO Together for the Child, we offered psycho-educational seminars in schools and counselling to teenagers over the phone, by email or through Skype.
Looking out for the younger generation
We believe that the most important investment to secure our future is to make children and young adults an absolute priority.
To this end, we are keeping our sights set on the future and pledge to launch new actions that will give young people and their families the help they need to cope with difficulties, move forward and drive progress in Greece.
2021 Fires in Evoia, Attica and the Peloponnese
We are standing by our fire-stricken fellow citizens across Greece and are fully participating in the immediate relief measures announced by the Hellenic Bank Association.
Aiming to make a decisive contribution to fire protection and help restore the forests of Greece, we are donating €1 million euros for actions that:
- Lead to the supply of fire-fighting equipment to tackle forest fires.
- Improve the civil protection operational capabilities.
- Contribute to sustainable reforestation of the burnt forest land and the overall protection of the natural environment.
- Promote environmental education and raise awareness, focusing on children and young people.
The initiatives will be designed and the amounts will be allocated based on needs, in consultation with the competent state authorities and in cooperation with civil society organisations that operate in these fields.
2018 Fires in Eastern Attica
Following the devastating fires in Mati in 2018, we allocated €1 million to assist in the restoration of key infrastructure, participating in the great effort to support and offer relief to the victims.
So far, we have:
- Restored a playground and the lighting in Chrysostomou Smyrnis Square, Neos Voutzas.
- Donated a bio-shredder and a grab truck for the collection and shredding of branches in the Municipality of Marathon.
- Sponsored a meal programme for people over 65 who were affected by the fires.
- Renovated the gardens surrounding the local sports club in Neos Voutzas.
- Offered financial support to families affected by the fire, through an initiative of the Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV).
We actively support initiatives that aim to upgrade the quality of care in the area of healthcare in Greece.
In 2020, we donated 11 beds to the 2nd Preparatory Surgery Clinic of the Laiko General Hospital of Athens and the University of Athens Medical School.
The cost of the beds amounted to €31,000.
Hellenic Fire Service
In 2020, we made a one-off donation of materials and equipment to the Hellenic Fire Service, amounting to €546,000.
We feel it is our duty to support the Greek firefighters in their difficult task, given that they are constantly risking their lives to protect our fellow citizens and the natural wealth of Greece.
We assist in the efforts of the Hellenic Police to restore order and protect the Greek society with various donations:
- Used computer equipment in perfect working order (initially purchased for €1,982,000), in 2019.
- Patrol cars valued at €100,000, in 2020.
Hellenic Army General Staff
In 2018, we donated used computers, electronic equipment and office furniture to the Hellenic Army General Staff, initially purchased for €2 million.
Hellenic Military Academy
In 2020, we financed the renovation of the building housing the 6th Battalion at the Hellenic Military Academy in Vari, to the amount of €350,000.
This donation reflects our belief that the efforts of officers serving in the Greek army must be recognised.