Your online card transactions require strong customer authentication or to be processed through the Eurobank secure online environment protected by Firewall. In addition, Eurobank cards support Chip & PIN technology, that protects your data. With Cards Control you can manage your cards in an easy and secure way from your mobile or computer.
Prevent data interception
Eurobank debit and credit cards use Chip & PIN technology according to international security standards.
Chip & PIN technology protects the data stored in your card, so that no one can steal them.
Secure identification at POS terminals
Your card PIN is your electronic signature when you use your card at POS terminals in-store.
To complete your transaction, you enter your debit or credit card PIN that only you know. This way, you verify your details and you are identified.
If you carry out contactless transactions with your card, you need your PIN only when the amount is over 50€.
Strictly confidential PIN
Only you should know your card PIN. You receive it in a secure way when you get your debit or credit card.
For your own safety, we suggest that you change your card PIN at Eurobank ΑΤΜs at least once every 6 months.
You should not use your date of birth, consecutive numbers or any other obvious number as your PIN.
Check out more PIN security tips.
Additional security level
Strong customer authentication offers an additional security level for your online transactions with debit, credit or prepaid cards.
For your authentication, 2 or more types of information or data are required that:
- Only you know – e.g. your Eurobank Mobile App 4-digit PIN or your card PIN.
- Only you hold – e.g. One-Time Password (OTP) you receive via SMS, your mobile or a smart wearable.
- Are a unique feature of yours – e.g. fingerprints or face recognition.
For your strong authentication through the Eurobank Mobile App you can also use your biometrics, such as:
- Fingerprint (Touch ID)
- Face recognition (Face ID)
Provided that your device supports the biometric authentication technology and you have activated it.
Authentication from your mobile
When you carry out online transactions, you are authenticated in an easy and secure way from your mobile, using:
- The 4-digit PIN you have set to log into the Eurobank Mobile App and your biometrics (Touch ID or Face ID).
- 2 of the 4 digits of your card PIN and the One-Time password (OTP) you receive on your mobile, if you do not have the Eurobank Mobile App.
You do not have to memorise long and complex passwords.
Fraud risk minimisation
By applying the upgraded security protocol EMV 3DS for strong customer authentication we:
- Ensure that it is you who carry out the online transaction.
- Minimise the fraud attempt when you carry out online transactions with your debit, credit or prepaid card, even if it is lost or stolen.
Strong customer authentication for online transactions is required by Directive 2015/2366 of the EU on payment services, also known as PSD2.
Take charge of your cards
Cards Control enables you to manage your Eurobank debit, credit and prepaid cards in an easy and secure way from your mobile or computer.
You choose your settings depending on the transactions you want to carry out with every card. Card by card, you can:
- Temporarily freeze/unfreeze your card if you are not sure whether you have misplaced it, rather than cancelling it right away. The temporary freeze does not allow you to withdraw cash at ATMs or shop online or in-store.
- Switch on/off the purchase option for certain transactions using your card: purchases only in-store or online, purchases in Greece and/or abroad.
- Switch on/off the cash withdrawal option at ATMs.
- Change the daily cash withdrawal limit from your account.
- Activate your new card, whether it is new or reissued. For new cards, you also choose your PIN.