We support the Greek sailing athletes
We actively sponsor the sailing duo made up of Olympic champion Pavlos Kagialis and athlete Giannis Orfanos who compete in the 49er Olympic sailing class, as they diligently prepare for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
Our Private Banking is also the exclusive sponsor of the Velos yacht, skippered by Olympic champions Panagiotis Mantis and Pavlos Kagialis The yacht participates in all the major sailing events in Greece.
On a common 21-year course with the Greek Basketball Teams
We have concluded our 21-year partnership with the Greek Basketball Teams; a partnership that went beyond sponsorship and created real bonds.
All these years, along with the favourite teams of all Greeks, we held the Greek flag high, with dignity, and true to the ideals of sportsmanship and the Olympic spirit. This action fills us with pride and emotion.
We wish even more successes, distinctions and medals to the Greek Basketball Teams. The love and applause of our people will always accompany their efforts.
What we have accomplished so far
With our sponsorship for Greek basketball, we supported all the National Basketball Teams from 2001 to 2021. Out of the 24 medals they have earned, the ones that stand out are:
- Gold medal at the 2005 FIBA European Championship for Men.
- Gold medal at the 2017 FIBA U20 European Championship for Men.
- Gold medal at the 2015 FIBA U18 European Championship for Men.
- Gold medal at the 2002 FIBA U21 World Championship for Men.
- Silver medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship for Men.
- Silver medal at the 2009 FIBA U19 World Championship for Men.
- Silver medal at the 2005 FIBA U21 World Championship for Men.
- Silver medal at the 2015 FIBA U20 European Championship for Women (Division B).
We supported the Greek sailing duo and Rio 2016 Olympic champions Panagiotis Mantis and Pavlos Kagialis in their endeavours towards the Tokyo 2020 Olympics in the men’s 470 sailing class.
With our support Spyros Gianniotis won the silver medal in the 10 km marathon swim at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. In 2015, Spyros had also landed the bronze in the 10 km open water race at the FINA World Aquatics Championship.
We sponsored Spyros Gianniotis as part of the “Adopt an Athlete on their Way to Rio 2016” campaign launched by the Hellenic Olympic Committee.
We also sponsored Greek Olympic sailing champion Sofia Bekatorou from 2001 to 2016. Sofia was the first female flag bearer for Greece in the history of Summer Olympics. She made us proud with her amazing career successes. She is a two-time Olympic champion, having won a gold and a bronze.
We build on our values
Sports represent important values for us; for this reason, they form a fundamental part of the Eurobank Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. We believe that:
- “Athletes show the young people of Greece that everything is possible with hard work, discipline, perseverance and target-setting.”
- “Apart from the medals, it is the moral values that athletes carry which count: persistence, dedication to one’s target, effort and mainly ethos. We believe that these are much-needed values in today’s society.”
- “Basketball demonstrates that Greece has capabilities. It is an honour and a privilege for Eurobank to be a steady sponsor.”
We carry on strong
We support sailing athletes Panagiotis Mantis, Pavlos Kagialis and Giannis Orfanos, who represent the values of Eurobank: ethos, perseverance and dedication to one’s target.
We also encourage budding athletes who compete with ethos. They lead by example due to their persistence and determination.