UN Global Compact
A member since 2008, Eurobank has been participating voluntarily in the UN initiative for sustainability and responsible business practices.
- We align our operations with 10 internationally accepted principles on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption.
Find out more about the UN Global Compact.
United Nations Environment Programme – Finance Initiative (UNEP FI)
Since 2005 Eurobank has been a member of UNEP FI. During 2010-2014 it chaired the UNEP FI European Task Force.
- We coordinated the global campaign to promote sustainable banking in the EU.
- We were instrumental in bringing out the first UNEP FI Guide to Sustainable Banking globally.
Find out more about UNEP FI.
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
Since 2009 Eurobank has been included in the EMAS register for following the EC Regulation on eco-management.
EMAS is a premium environmental management instrument promoted by the EU member states. It stands for performance, transparency and credibility.
Find out more about EMAS.
Energy Efficiency Financial Institutions Group (EEFIG)
Since 2013 Eurobank has been a member of the expert group set up by the European Commission for financing energy efficiency investments.
- In this capacity we assisted in preparing the first edition of the Interim Report How to drive new finance for energy efficiency investments. Part 1: Buildings.
Find out more about EEFIG.
Sustainable Development Committee of the Hellenic Bank Association (HBA)
A member since 2010, Eurobank Eurobank has played a key role in establishing the interbank Sustainable Development Committee of the Hellenic Bank Association (HBA) and coordinates its activities to date.
The HBA Sustainable Development Committee:
- Monitors the developments in the international and national regulatory framework.
- Manages issues that relate to environmental protection, sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- Works with CSR Hellas, the QualityNet Foundation and other organisations to promote best practices.
Find out more about the Sustainable Development Committee of the HBA.
A member since 2003, Eurobank embraces the values and principles of CSR Hellas. In this context:
- We apply best CSR practices.
- We participate in CSR initiatives and actions that boost social cohesion and sustainable development.
Find out more about CSR Hellas.
Sustainable Greece 2020 Initiative – QualityNet Foundation
Supporting the initiative since 2014, Eurobank has been instrumental in backing the goals of Sustainable Greece 2020. The initiative aims to forge systematic dialogue at national level, and create methods and tools that would support organisations in achieving sustainable development.
Eurobank participates in the actions of the QualityNet Foundation, which implements the initiative through:
- Developing methods, services and tools so that organisations may adopt actions and practices that promote their positive impact on the economy, society and environment.
- Establishing partnerships with institutional and scientific bodies from the business community and society in general.
Find out more about the Sustainable Greece 2020 Initiative.
A member of Global Sustain since 2011, Eurobank has been supporting the aims of Global Sustain for sustainability and corporate responsibility.
- Green economy and responsible investments.
- Business ethics and excellence.
- Transparency, human rights and accountability.
Find out more about Global Sustain.