We are participating in the financing of Phase A for the development of Hellinikon. It is a groundbreaking project for Athens, with significant benefits for the Greek economy, society and the environment.
Contributing to the Greek economy
Through the Hellinikon project, Athens, but also Greece, ensures benefits that significantly strengthen the economy.
Throughout its development, the project is expected to:
- Create 75,000 new jobs.
- Contribute 2.4% to the domestic GDP.
- Raise over €14 billion in tax revenue for the government.
The total investment amounts to €8 billion.
A landmark project for the society
Aiming to improve the quality of life for people living in the area, the project will provide vital services and modern infrastructure, such as:
- Public gardens, parks and open spaces
- Modern sports facilities
- Welfare and health centres
- Care facilities
Covering a surface of 6,200,000 sq.m., the project is expected to attract over 1 million foreign visitors.
Respecting the environment
Particular emphasis has been placed on planning the open spaces to create a world class metropolitan park and showcase the coastal zone.
The project includes:
- A metropolitan park covering 2,000,000 sq.m.
- Public parks and open spaces covering 600,000 sq.m.
- A newly developed 1 km beach with free public access
- A 50 km network of pathways for pedestrians and cyclists