Eurobank launches “Eurobank Digital Academy for Business”, a resource center on digital skills for Greek companies that treat technology as a key enabler and digital transformation as a growth strategy and a source of competitive edge. Through this new initiative, Eurobank Group responds to challenges businesses face today, leveraging on its own experience acquired through various innovative initiatives it has developed over time under the scope of strengthening Greek entrepreneurship.
Through the “Eurobank Digital Academy for Business”, an initiative that will continuously evolve with the addition of new pillars, the Bank demonstrates its support to companies of all sizes, at no cost, in their effort to familiarize themselves with the new digital reality and develop their abilities and skills, exploiting, for their own advantage, Eurobank’s knowledge, tools and own digital ecosystem, with the contribution of a structured network of strategic leading partners, such as Google, Microsoft, Found.ation, Accenture, Isobar, and Growth, and with other companies from the digital transformation field.
Eurobank’s Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Konstantinos Vassiliou mentioned: “This initiative is fully aligned with Eurobank’s strategic repositioning from “Financing Enabler” to “Trusted Advisor”. The “Eurobank Digital Academy for Business” strengthens the Bank's position as a strategic business partner, who is not limited to covering financing needs, but provides actual support in its clients’ efforts to successfully meet today’s challenges in an increasingly competitive global market. Eurobank remains firmly committed to achieving its strategic goal to continuously grow through its customers’ growth and prosperity”.
The need to support businesses in their successful transition to the digital age is further demonstrated by the findings of the pan - Hellenic research “Digital Transformation in Greek Companies”, conducted among 624 Greek companies in 2019, by KANTAR GREECE for Eurobank and Grant Thornton.
According to the research, large and small companies have yet to cover a significant distance in the digital field. Based on the relevant European Commission’s indices, just 16% of Greek companies show advanced digital skills (Integration of Digital Ιntensity Index).
Creating the “Eurobank Digital Academy for Business”, Eurobank aims to contribute, systematically, to the creation of more robust and competitive Greek enterprises, offering:
- The know-how that Eurobank acquired during the journey of the Bank’s own digital transformation, in which over 150 million euros have been invested in technology initiatives over the last three years, aiming to develop the Bank in the most efficient, friendly and digitally mature bank in Greece.
- Benefits arising from the Bank’s access to global practices and international Groups.
- Webinars of digital, IT and educational material at www.eurobank.gr in cooperation with specialized partners.
- Free access – for Eurobank’s customers – to hands-on, training seminars around Greece, periodically and in cooperation, initially with Google and gradually with the involvement of strategic partners and companies of international scope, specializing in the respective field.
- Digital tools for entrepreneurs aiming to identify their needs in the process of their business and digital transformation.
- Access to studies, research material, and information on all issues that concern the business community.
The first set of training webinars covers educational videos and practical advice on creating web and social media pages, advertising on digital platforms such as Google, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Search Engine Optimization and e-mail campaigns.
All relevant information will be available, at no cost in a safe environment at www.eurobank.gr and for each evolving pillar, customers will be able to subscribe to the workshop of their interest.
Webinars will be gradually updated and further developed with content and new digital tools in areas such as:
- New digital technologies and digital business transactions
- Big data analytics
- Βusiness Plan creation
- Business Check-Up Light.