Business Exchanges S.A, is the result of the co-operation among 3 top Greek companies: EFG Eurobank Ergasias (60% participation in the new venture), Panafon/Vodafone, a leading mobile telecommunications provider (30%), and Hellas-on-Line, a leading Internet Service Provider (10%). Business Exchanges establishes a new proposition for the provision of Business-to-Business services (B2B) and for the creation of electronic marketplaces. The company announced today its co-operation with U.S. company Ariba Inc. a leading software developer with specialized services in electronic commerce between business organizations (Business-to-Business E-Commerce). This co-operation is on the basis of preferred marketing and hosting partnership in the geographical areas of Greece and Cyprus. Business Exchanges also announced a co-operation with IBM Global Services for the implementation of the Ariba marketplace platform in the Greek market. The alliance aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To create and maintain a technological competitive advantage in electronic commerce,
- To develop the largest electronic marketplace hub in the Greek market,
- To provide innovative value added services for the organizations in the Greek market, and
- To support and educate the clients of Business Exchanges S.A.
Business Exchanges has already established a number of partnerships with key players in the Greek market:
- The Fourlis Group of companies, leaders in the import and distribution of electronic appliances, home equipment and sports apparel.
- Radio Korasidis, a leading electronic appliances retail chain,
- Atlantic Super Markets Group, with more than 120 points of sale in Greece,
- Quest Group and LogicDIS, leading information technology organizations,
- SETE Procurement and Trading S.A, with more than 1000 suppliers, and
- FAMAR, a leading pharmaceutical company.
During Comdex Greece, Business Exchanges will demonstrate the Ariba Marketplace solution at stand No A37. This solution will be the core of the Business Exchanges’ technological offering, for the horizontal and vertical retail marketplaces. Business Exchanges will also present a demo environment for managing catalogues, RFQ’s and electronic auctions.
Further information can be found on the company's website www.be24.gr