in accordance with article 4 par.1.d of l.3401/2005, regarding the payment of the interim dividend for the financial year 2007 through the offer of shares of the same category as those entitled to the dividend
EFG Eurobank Ergasias S.A (“Bank”), with regard to the share capital increase of up to €19.250.000 through the issue of up to 7.000.000 shares and the reinvestment of the interim dividend for the year 2007, as approved by the Repeat Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting of 21 November 2007 informs the public, in accordance with article 4 par. 1.d of l. 3401/2005, of the following:
The Bank, within the framework of a new approach which aims to strengthen its relationship with shareholders, decided to offer shareholders the opportunity, at their sole discretion, to receive the interim dividend for the year 2007 (whose distribution was decided by the Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting of 9 November 2007) in shares instead of cash, as follows:
- Those entitled to receive the interim dividend in the form of shares of the Bank instead of cash are the beneficiaries of the interim dividend and specifically the shareholders of the Bank, who will be recorded in the Hellenic Exchanges S.A. (H.E.L.E.X.) Register after the closure of the Athens Exchange S.A. session on November 29th, 2007.
- Shareholders may decide to receive all or part of their interim dividend in shares during the period from 23.11.2007 to 7.12.2007, as long as they are still entitled to receive the interim dividend, following their operators’ instructions and specifically:
- Shareholders whose operator is the Bank should submit their notification to the Bank’s branches by 7 December 2007.
- Shareholders with other operators should notify their operator in writing by 3 December 2007 (unless otherwise instructed by their operator). In case operators do not wish to process reinvestment, shareholders need to notify their operator in writing by 3 December 2007 that they wish to be exempt from the interim dividend payment and then to notify the Bank in writing by 7 December 2007 that they wish to receive their interim dividend in shares.
As a result of the above mentioned share capital increase, article 5 of the Bank’s Articles of Association will be amended accordingly, to show the above-mentioned increase of the Bank’s share capital and the number of shares. In case only a part of the reinvestment of the interim dividend is met, the Board of Directors will adjust, at the time it certifies the deposit of funds, Article 5 of the Articles of Association to show the precise amount of share capital covered.
It should be noted that shareholders who do not exercise their right to receive all or part of their interim dividend in the form of shares of the Bank, will receive all the interim dividend or any balance of it in cash respectively, starting from the payment date, namely on December 10th, 2007, in accordance with the procedure separately announced by the Bank.
The persons responsible for this Information Document and the accuracy of its contents are:
- Andreas Enotiades, Head of Group Corporate Governance
- Efrosini Koulocheri, Group Corporate Governance Officer.
The Information Document is available at the Bank’s offices in Athens, 6 Siniosoglou Str., 142 34, Nea Ionia, and in electronic form on the Bank’s website www.eurobank.gr. For any further information, please contact Mrs Efrosini Koulocheri at the above mentioned offices, during working hours (tel.:210 3522361).