In accordance with the company law 2190/1920 “re: Societés Anonymes” and the Articles of Association of the Bank, the Board of Directors invites the shareholders of EFG Eurobank Ergasias S.A. to the Extraordinary General Meeting, on Friday, 9 November 2007, at 10 a.m., at “Bodossaki Foundation” (conference room “John S. Latsis”), Amalias Av. 20, Athens.
The items on the Agenda are as follows:
1. Distribution of interim dividend for the financial year 2007.
2. Increase of the share capital of the Bank through the reinvestment of the interim dividend for the year 2007. Article 5 of the Articles of Association to be amended accordingly.
3. Authority to the Board of Directors to increase the share capital of the Bank up to € 150 m. within the next 3 years in accordance with article 13 § 1(b) of the c.l. 2190/1920.
4. Amendment of the 17.4.06 Repeat General Meeting resolution regarding the stock options programme.
5. Increase of the share capital of the Bank up to €22 million in cash, through private placement to foreign institutional investors, foregoing pre-emption rights for existing shareholders. Article 5 of the Articles of Association to be amended accordingly.
6. Distribution of free shares to employees of the Bank and its subsidiaries, to be issued by partial capitalisation of taxed reserves formed up to the year ended 31.12.2005. Article 5 of the Articles of Association to be amended accordingly.
7. Approval of Directors’ fees.
All shareholders of the Bank have the right to attend this meeting either in person or by proxy. The proxy will be available to the public in printed form at the Bank’s branches and the Bank’s Shareholders’ Department at 8, Iolkou Str. and Filikis Etaireias (Building A), 142 34 Nea Ionia (tel. +30 210-3523300), and on the website of the Bank (www.eurobank.gr). Each share is entitled to one vote.
To participate in the General Meeting the shareholders must block all or part of their shares – through their Operator in the Electronic (Dematerialised) Securities System (D.S.S.) or (if the shares are registered in the Special Account of D.S.S.) through Hellenic Exchanges S.A. (H.E.L.E.X.) – and submit at the Bank’s branches or the Bank’s Shareholders’ Department at 8, Iolkou Str. and Filikis Etaireias (Building A), 142 34 Nea Ionia (tel. +30 210 35 23 300), the relevant Certificate of Blocking of Shares and any representation documents at least 5 days before the meeting.
Should the quorum required by law not be achieved, the Repeat Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of the Bank will take place on Wednesday, 21 November 2007, at 10 a.m., at “Bodossaki Foundation” (conference room “John S. Latsis”), Amalias Av. 20, Athens, without the publication of a further invitation.
OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Xenophon K. Nickitas