The Bank of Athens Archives present the milestones of the bank from its establishment to its merger with Eurobank. They contain Articles of Association, minutes from meetings and annual reports. The material dates from 1924 to 1998.
The archive sections
The Bank of Athens Archives contain:
Articles of Association and legal capacity texts (1924, 1952-1998)
- Regulatory and institutional texts on the structure and operation of the Bank of Athens.
Minutes from meetings of administrative bodies of the Bank of Athens (1925-1998)
- Minutes from General Meetings and BoD meetings.
- Documents for conducting and preparing General Meetings.
Annual reports (1980, 1982, 1986-1989)
- Annual reports of the Professional Credit Bank.
Company “Security Services Systems of the Bank of Athens” (1993-1994)
- Company establishment and dissolution documents.
- Staff employment agreements.
About the Bank of Athens
The history of the bank dates back to 1924, when it was incorporated in Athens as “V. Karavasilis Tobacco Company and Bank SA”. In 1937 it was renamed “Karavasilis Bank SA” and in 1952 “Professional Credit Bank SA”. In 1964 it was acquired by the National Bank of Greece. In 1992 the National Bank of Greece renamed it “Bank of Athens” and transferred it to foreign investors. In 1999 the Bank of Athens merged with Eurobank.