The data controller is the bank by the name of Eurobank Ergasias SA, 8 Othonos Street, 10557 Athens, Greece, Phone: +30210337000.
The personal data Eurobank collects and processes
Eurobank ensures that personal data is collected lawfully and properly via its Website.
“Personal data” means information which directly or indirectly identifies the Subject, such as his/her name, email address or postal address.
Eurobank keeps a file of personal data provided to it by Subjects and processes that information. Personal data is processed with the consent of Subjects, only to the extent necessary in light of the purpose of processing and the time required in each case. In each case we only collect the personal data which is strictly necessary to take the steps or provide the service which the Subject has requested (such “Purposes of processing” below).
Purposes of processing
Eurobank and/or anyone else who processes data on its instructions and on its behalf:
- Processes the personal data of Subjects to communicate with them if the Subjects have electronically filled in the forms on the Website (such as the complaint form, the compliment form, the contact form, etc.) or have asked for updates via newsletters, financial analyses, etc., or via emails if they have subscribed to that service via the Website.
- Processes the personal data of Subjects to facilitate them and handle applications which Subjects have sent online via the Website (e.g. applications for cards, POS, etc.).
- Processes the personal data of Subjects to manage the Eurobank and the Eurobank Group’s personnel and HR issues.
- The personal data of Subjects may also be processed in order to:
- Carry out checks required by law.
- Prevent, deter and suppress illegal acts.
- Upgrade the services provided.
- Market the services of Eurobank and other companies in the Eurobank Group, provided that all the conditions laid down by law are met.
Eurobank collects and processes personal data solely and exclusively for the purposes mentioned above, and only to the extent needed to effectively achieve those ends.
In each case, that data is relevant to, appropriate or no more than needed in light of those purposes, and is accurate, and notice is given, if need be.
Moreover, the data is only retained for the time period required to achieve the objectives for which it was collected and processed. Data is securely deleted after it has been processed, unless the relevant legislation requires that we continue to hold it.
Personal data of minors
Eurobank appreciates how important it is to safeguard the personal data of minors. The Website is not aimed at or deliberately designed to be aimed at minors. Eurobank’s intention is not to knowingly collect or hold the personal data of minors who may have access to its Website.
However, since Eurobank cannot feasibly ensure/confirm this, any minors who do use the Website and send their personal data to Eurobank via the website are not only obliged, but are also expected, to have obtained consent from the persons exercising parental care or from their guardians. Adults are recommended to properly supervise the minors under their care while they are surfing the internet and this Website in particular.
Eurobank processes personal data in a way that safeguards its confidentiality. Eurobank has taken all appropriate organisational and technical steps to ensure data security and that data is safeguarded against any random or unlawful destruction, random loss, corruption, prohibited disclosure or access, or any other form of illegal processing.
Although concerted efforts are made to safeguard personal data, Eurobank cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to its Website simply because sending information via the internet is not completely safe.
Eurobank / Eurobank Group
The recipients of personal data include Eurobank, and, if the lawful conditions are met, subsidiaries of Eurobank and associated companies whose registered offices are in Greece or other countries in the European Union, which are sent data in the context of their operations.
Persons processing data on behalf of Eurobank
Eurobank may use associates, acting in its name and on its behalf, to process personal data for the purposes which are set out above.
Other third parties
Eurobank may also disclose the personal data of Subjects, if that is required by law, by a court judgment or regulatory decision, or when it is necessary in order to safeguard the Website. In particular, it may:
- Send data to government agencies, courts and public prosecutors in order to comply with the legislation in force or as part of mandatory legal proceedings.
- Use the data to protect Website users and prevent fraud, or to prevent the loss of life or the possibility of serious injury occurring.
- Use the data to run and maintain system security features, including preventing or terminating attacks on its systems or networks.
To ensure that its Website operates properly, sometimes Eurobank sends cookies (small data files), which are stored on the Subject’s computer. Find out more about the Eurobank Cookies Policy.
Links to third party websites
Any interconnection between this Website and any other website using special links (links, hyperlinks or banners) does not mean that Eurobank accepts any responsibility for the personal data protection and management policy on those websites.
Subjects must personally read the data protection and management policies on those websites.
Right of access and right to object
Subjects are entitled to know whether their personal data is or was being processed (right of access). To exercise this right, Subjects can:
Call ΕuroPhone Banking
25is Martiou, Thessalonikis and Teo Streets, 17778 Tavros, Greece
- 801 111 1144 (local landline calls only)
Send a letter to the Group Customer Relations Division
7 Santarosa Street, 10564 Athens, Greece
Subjects can also submit written objections at any time about their personal data being processed (right to object under Article 13 of Law 2472/1997) and request that specific steps be taken, such as asking for their data to be corrected, temporarily not used, blocked, not transmitted or deleted.
Objections must be sent in writing to:
Group Customer Relations Division
7 Santarosa Street, 10564 Athens, Greece
If those rights are exercised, in order to be able to respond, Eurobank may ask the Subjects to verify their identity so that the request can be properly processed.
Contacting the Hellenic Data Protection Authority
If Subjects consider that protection of their personal data has been prejudiced in any way, they can contact the Hellenic Data Protection Authority:
Hellenic Data Protection Authority
1-3 Kifissias Avenue, 11523 Athens, Greece
Amendments to the personal data protection terms
Since this notice and the personal data protection terms it contains may be amended, Subjects must regularly check the content of this notice for any changes.