Eurobank and Grant Thornton organize the “Growth Awards”, for a 2d year, continuing a successful initiative that aims to recognize business excellence and support dynamic Greek companies that excelled in 2017.
Mr. Euclid Tsakalotos, the Greek Minister of Finance and Mr. Kyriakos Mitsotakis, President of New Democracy, are going to address the audience at the award ceremony. Mr. Fokion Karavias, Eurobank’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is going to make the opening statement while Mr. Peter Bodin, Grant Thornton’s Global CEO is going to be the central speaker.
Mr. Nikolaos Karamouzis, Eurobank’s Chairman of the Board of Directors and Mr. Vassilios Kazas, Chief Executive Officer at Grant Thornton are going to have two dialogue sessions, initially with Mr. Eu. Tsakalotos and subsequently with Mr. K. Mitsotakis.
The panel of judges that evaluates the candidacies consists of 17 distinguished personalities from the Greek business and academic arena.
Mr. N. Karamouzis and Mr. V. Kazas are Chairmen of the panel, consisting of:
- Iro Athanassiou, member of the Board of Directors of Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV).
- Andreas Andreadis, Honorary President of SETE and CEO of SANI S.A.
- Eftyhios Vassilakis, Vice Chairman of Aegean Airlines.
- Konstantinos Vassiliou, General Manager, Head of Group Corporate & Investment Banking at Eurobank.
- Emmanouil Giakoumakis, Rector at the Athens University of Economics & Business.
- Spyros Theodoropoulos, Chief Executive Officer of Chipita S.A.
- Nelly Katsou, President of the Board of Directors & CEO of Pharmathen S.A.
- Achileas Konstantakopoulos, Chairman of the Board of Directors of TEMES S.A.
- Evangelos Mytilineos, Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of Mytilineos Holdings S.A.
- George Provopoulos, Chairman of Board at Eurobank Bulgaria ΑD.
- Giannis Retsos, President of the Board of Directors of SETE & Managing Director ELECTRA HOTELS & RESORTS.
- Michalis Tsamaz, Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of Hellenic Telecommunications Organization (OTE).
- Theodoros Fessas, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV) & Chairman of the Board of Directors of QUEST Group.
- Vassilis Fourlis, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fourlis Holdings S.A.
- Aggeliki Fragkou, Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of Navios Maritime Holdings.
The “Growth Awards” initiative, taken by Eurobank and Grant Thornton, aims to highlight and reward Greek companies that managed to stand apart from the competition, despite the crisis, and distinguish for their extroversion, their strong financial performance, transparency, modern corporate governance and social responsibility. These are companies that represent a healthy new business and working culture and play a leading role in the course of Greek economy towards exiting the crisis and a sustainable recovery.
The evaluation is made, using special financing reviews and indicators as well as specific quantitative characteristics on roughly 8.000 Greek businesses.
The final selection of the winners is going to be announced at the “Growth Awards” 2017 Award Ceremony on Tuesday, February 6th, 2018 at Megaron – The Athens Concert Hall.
The six (6) awards are going to be given to Greek companies that exhibited the strongest performance at the following categories:
- Operating/Business Improvement
- Product & Market development
- Human resources and corporate culture
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Excellence