Eurobank was named "Best Trade Finance Provider 2018" in Greece by the internationally acclaimed “Global Finance” magazine, recognizing the Bank’s leading role in Global Transaction Banking.
This highly acknowledged award is an important international distinction of Eurobank taking into account input from market experts, analysts and corporate executives, on the basis of specific selection criteria applied by Global Finance. These include:
- transaction volumes,
- scope of global coverage,
- customer service,
- competitive pricing and
- innovative technologies.
Eurobank’s nomination confirms its commitment to provide high quality services in the field of Trade Finance, a particularly important one especially in the current time juncture which is characterized by strong challenges and major upheavals in international trade. Through the undertaking of strategic initiatives in the area of Trade Finance, Eurobank underpins the economic recovery in Greece and the efforts made by Greek companies to strengthen their extroversion.
Among these strategic initiatives the editorial review board of Global Finance took into account:
- Eurobank’s significant investment in technological infrastructure. The Bank constantly invests in new, innovative, transactional banking technologies aiming to best serve its customers in the new digital environment. Taking into consideration the special conditions that characterize the Greek market, Eurobank launched in 2017 a new digital service, compliant with capital controls, through which customers are able to send import collection requests for approval and execution through e-banking.
- The development of international partnerships with initiatives such as "Trade Club Alliance" and Exportgate.gr combined with "Go International". Eurobank's strategic alliance with Banco Santander in 2017 incorporated Eurobank into the first Global Trade Club Alliance, supported by seven banking groups in 22 countries. A factor that played a critical part for Eurobank’s participation in "Trade Club Alliance" was Exportgate.gr, the most comprehensive Greek e-portal that promotes global business networking of Greek and Cypriot companies. During its four – year operation, Exportgate.gr, which was upgraded in the first quarter of 2017, has evolved into one of the most recognizable export portals worldwide.
- Eurobank's co-operation with international organizations such as EBRD and IFC reduces the risk of Trade Finance transactions, offering secure solutions to the Bank’s customers who plan to develop their operations in international trade.
- Continuous training of Bank's employees and updates to businesses about, trends in international markets, new products and services that can support their commercial activities, even more effectively.