We set specific sustainability objectives in the everyday operation of Eurobank. These help us:
- Use the natural resources we need as efficiently as possible.
- Minimise waste production.
- Prevent pollution.
- Mitigate climate change.
- Protect biodiversity and the ecosystems.
We understand that our business operations affect the economic, environmental and social landscape of Greece. To support sustainability:
- We acknowledge our impact on the environment and society and we strive to control it.
- We adopt best sustainability practices, in compliance with the guidelines of international organisations.
- We urge our customers and suppliers to comply with the local, national and international legislation. We build and foster business relationships with our suppliers based on this condition.
- We raise awareness on environmental and sustainability issues among everyone connected with Eurobank: customers, shareholders, suppliers, employees and our society.
Financing and investments
We identify environmental and social risks in our financing and investing activities. To manage them more efficiently, we implement Environmental and Social Risk Management.
We follow the detailed guidelines and procedures of the Eurobank Group. To this end:
- We accomplish our objectives, as these appear in the Eurobank Sustainability Policy.
- We respond to the needs and expectations of our shareholders in terms of promoting sustainability and financial development.
We ensure that our workplaces comply with the environmental and labour legislation in force. We focus on the most important aspects:
- Individual and social rights in the workplace.
- Employee rights.
- Employee occupational health and safety.
In 2016 we received the Silver Award for Sustainable Business at the Environmental Awards for the Sustainability Policy we implement.
FTSE4Good sustainability index
FTSE Russell (the trading name of FTSE International Limited and Frank Russell Company) confirms that Eurobank has satisfied the requirements to become a constituent of the FTSE4Good Emerging Index. An independent assessment according to the FTSE4Good criteria has been conducted.
The FTSE4Good Index Series are created by the global index provider FTSE Russell. It is designed to measure the performance of companies demonstrating strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices.
The FTSE4Good indices are used by a wide variety of market participants to create and assess responsible investment funds and other products.