The archive sections
Personal items of Konstantinos S. Kapsaskis (1948-2003)
- Personal mail, CVs.
- Ergasias Bank constitutional documents.
- Talks, interviews and press clippings.
Legislation & Bank of Greece approvals (1975-1999)
- Mail between the Bank of Greece and Ergasias Bank.
- Legal documents.
- Articles of Association.
Minutes from meetings (1975-2000)
- Minutes and recommendations from Board and General Meetings.
Annual reports (1976-1999)
- Ergasias Bank annual reports.
- Management circulars and memos.
- Incoming and outgoing mail.
- Yearbooks and personnel lists.
- Personnel mail and documents from the Ergasias Bank Employee Association.
Branch network (1978-2000)
- Documents on the operation of the branch network.
Legal issues (1995-2011)
- Mergers and other legal issues.
Marketing and promotions (1977-2002)
- Advertisements and press clippings.
Historical info from Ergasias Bank and the Konstantinos S. Kapsaskis Foundation (1977-2009)
- Interoffice memos and press clippings.
Corporate Social Responsibility (1993-2003)
- Awards and sponsorships.
Ergasias Bank photo archive (1968-2000)
- Original photographs and slides.
About Konstantinos Kapsaskis
Konstantinos Kapsaskis was the inspirator, founder, BoD Chairman and CEO of Ergasias Bank from 1975 to 1993.
He was born on the Greek island of Zakynthos in 1923. He embarked on his banking career at Emporiki Bank in Amaliada in 1942. From 1955 to 1958 he was transferred to its subsidiary, Commercial Bank, in London. For the next 3 years, he worked for Hambros Bank in London. In 1961 he was recruited by American Express in New York. Starting in 1963 he ran the branches in Piraeus and Athens and then took on senior posts at the bank. In 1972 he was appointed First Vice Chairman of the bank in New York. He resigned from American Express in 1975 to start Ergasias Bank, where he stayed on as Chairman and CEO until he passed away in 1993.
The Collection (Archives) was donated to the Eurobank Historical Archives by the Konstantinos S. Kapsaskis Foundation in May 2017.